Do you want to make a home gym and office combo? Are you looking for some ideas to practice your workouts in your office? If you have some extra space in your home office, you can convert it into a gym to practice workouts and to get a fit body.
To begin with, make sure that it is equipped with some cardio machines to support your workouts. If you’re into cardio training, you can consider buying a treadmill.
Even if your home office has restricted space, you will find some workout equipment to suit the limited space. You can buy strength-training tools dumbbells, kettlebells, and resistance tubes to create a proper environment for workouts.
In addition, you can try practicing yoga. For this, you do not need to buy a lot of equipment. A simple yoga mat will serve your purpose. If you are looking for more home gym and office ideas, you can go through the following article. It will cover different aspects including the benefits of the home office gym.
Benefits of Having a Home Gym and Office Combo
- You can get a fit body without visiting a gym. All you need to do buy some gym equipment in your home office to create a gym environment.
- Some office spaces are underutilized. If you install a gym in your home office, you can utilize the space in the best possible manner.
- You can practice most of the workout in your home office gym. It will save time.
- You can easily access to most the fitness equipment that makes it easy to practice your workouts.
- If your office has a TV, you can use it during cardio workouts.
- You will get privacy during your workouts and can keep the equipment out of the view.
- You can buy one piece of cardio equipment and place it near the outlet while ensuring the full view of the TV to maximize the benefits
- If the room has a restricted space, then consider buying portable gym equipment such as the rowers, foldable treadmills, and exercises bikes. If required, these pieces of equipment can be easily moved away.
- If you want to practice yoga, consider buying a yoga mat. You can easily fold and store it in your home office gym. It will not demand more space.
- Some other accessories like resistance bands, stability balls, and dumbbells can be considered to get more workout options. All these accessories will not demand a large amount of storage space. You can easily store them in your closet.
- Suspension trainer will not take pretty much space in your home office gym. However, it will enable you to work on your core with different ranges of movements.
- As stated earlier, dumbbells can be best for your home office gum. You can find adjustable, stylish, and space-saving dumbbells both for beginners and experienced.
- You can also consider buying a punching bag. This essential gym equipment will not demand more space. It helps to practice healthy workouts. A punching bag can be great to release stress. Having a punching bag in your home gym will help you to enjoy high-intensity working and to relieve the stress as well.
- Gymnastic rings can be great additions. These smaller gym tools are expensive.
- Climbing wall and net covering will enhance the look and will support your workouts.
Things to Consider
You can buy all the above equipment for your home office gym. Many of them are easy to install and demand less space. However, a few of them are a bit expensive. While buying the gym equipment, you will have to focus on the following things to ensure easy storage and operation.
- Get the one that boosts the look of your office space. Some cardio equipment like Row HX Trainer and IC5 Indoor Cycle come with some stylish designs to complement any home office décor.
- If you want equipment to run smoothly without any noise, you can consider buying cardio equipment such as the cross trainers. These tools work silently without causing noise.
In addition, you need to focus on some electrical requirements. Make sure that Life Fitness consumer treadmills are powered by the 120V 15Amp outlet. One treadmill needs to be installed on each circuit. You can expect the best performance with a dedicated breaker and a circuit for all the treads.
Hopefully you’ll find this article helpful and decides to setup a home gym in your office!